Starting to make the box





I've began to make the box which I will hopefully be exhibiting in the Wolstenholme Gallery, I've also decided to use a head instead of a mask, I would like the piece to have it's own identity so to speak. These are a few images of the piece so far. I have also thought of the meaning behind the sculpture. I want to cover the head in pieces of broken mirror, relating back to Kusama's piece, however, I am looking at the social 'masks' we wear from day to day, a barrier to the world to protect our inner weaknesses. I would like the viewer of the piece to be able to look into the box, which represents the barrier between our inner selves (the head) and the outside world (the viewer)and see themselves reflected both physically and emotionally in this representation of 'inner self'.

No comments:

Post a Comment