Paul Yates







These are some pieces by another Irish artist I discovered while I visited an exhibition over the summer at the Tom Caldwell gallery. I really enjoyed his mixed media pieces, one of which, 'Boxhead' (which was at the exhibition I visited) was really interesting, as it was simply, a cut up cardboard box, fashioned into the shape of a face, however, it made me want to touch it, even though I know what a cardboard box feels like, but it still draws you in through its simplicity, if that makes sense. I also liked some of his other works which were not on display, but I found on the gallery's website. These are just a handful of them which I feel are most relevant to the work I'm doing at the minute, as he has created pieces whereby the subjects faces have been obscured.

No comments:

Post a Comment