Genny Woods' Work and Reply







These are some of the works I was looking at by Genny Woods and recently I contacted her to ask about her portraits, and she replied:

''Hi Tiarnan,

Thanks for your e-mail. I'm delighted to answer any of your questions.

The portraits are indeed to do with self-detachment and separateness. How withdrawal, although an act of self-protection, can in fact leave someone more vulnerable and essentially make them their own prisoner.

What is it that binds you? You are not bound by any chains now. Is it just the thought that you are bound that binds you? Mental chains can only be broken by mental effort. Zed

This is a buddhist quote which I found only recently, but thought it was rather relevant to the work so I thought you might be interested.

I'm living in Tokyo at the moment, so I don't have any exhibitions coming up unfortunately.

Best of luck with the research.

Genny''
-Genny Woods

What a lovely woman. Her portraits are very interesting, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment