Interpretation and Incorporation of Yate's work and my own



These two images are paintings I made myself, inspired by Paul Yates. The first is an interpretation of his piece 'Her Majesty Queen Polythena' I first was drawn to this, as it reminded me of the images I had taken of my flatmate wearing the blindfold and I wanted to merge the two into eachother somehow, but as the title of the painting suggests, the subject is a woman. I thought however, that it would be interesting to cross the ideas, as the notion of identity removal was to completely remove it, gender and all, so I tweaked the painting subtly so that it was not entirely obvious if it is a man or a woman. The second painting is another interpretation of Yates' work, whereby I took one of the previous images of his work and reinterpreted it, changing the subject to my flatmate from the photos I had taken based on Genny Woods' portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment